Sunday, January 20, 2008

Reflections, Resolutions, And The Like...(Part I)

So, back from the dead. My sweetheart pointed out that I have not posted anything since mid-November. New year, new resolutions, fresh page to start from. This will likely seem like stream of consciousness, but maybe something coherent will come of it.

A Few Reflections

Getting older isn't so bad. This probably sounds funny, but I've been building up mentally and emotionally for the big three-o. That's right woodchuck chuckers, three decades on this green planet. At the beginning of year 29, I immediately thought, "Holy Cow! I have only more year of my 20's, how did THAT happen? What have I done with my life? What am I doing with my life?" But as the year has progressed, I feel more at peace.

Life is good, and it just keeps getting better. I'm married for time and eternity to my best friend and the most beautiful woman I know, I'm the proud father of the most charming and bright-spirited little boy and gorgeous little girl (due in March) in the world. These three are my whole life.

I have a good job that challenges me, fits my skills, enables me to take care of my family. No ceiling to limit growth.

I'm able to do the things I love, and am able to improve in the things I should do better.

Wisdom does come with age, and greater opportunities come with greater experience.

Part I of several...to be continued...

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Like the new look and glad you are back! I had almost given up checking your site!

Anonymous said...

Love the new Jibberish...you could start the next Jib Jab site, who knows??? 1776 is a most excellent reading choice. When you are done, read John Adams by the same author. I love reading history!